Making an Appointment
When you call 314-977-4440, you will be asked the patient's diagnosis, treatment received to date, and any other relevant information needed. Within 24 to 48 hours of the time you call, our Call Center will be able to schedule an appointment for you.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
You will be in the physician's office for a few hours. Since Saint Louis University is a teaching hospital, you may be seen by the nursing case manager, a resident physician or a subspecialty resident, who will take information on your personal and family medical history. Your physician will then follow up with a physical exam and discuss your care and treatment options with you.
What to Bring
- Test results and reports from your doctors, including X-rays and pathology slides and reports.
- List of prescription medications you are taking, along with the dosages.
- A family member or friend if desired. It may be helpful in asking questions or just listening with you.
- Your Social Security number.
- Insurance information, including contact information for your insurer.
- Written authorization or referral from your HMO or PPO.
- Any questions you have. You may want to write them down before you come.
Free Language Translation Services
Saint Louis University Cancer Center provides translation services for non-English speaking patients and families when needed. Please inform us when making an appointment.
Saint Louis University Cancer Center participates in most major health plans. If you're not sure of coverage, please check with your employer or health plan. Your claims will be filed by your doctor's office and we will work with you to receive full benefit from your insurance. We will respond to requests from insurers for additional medical information as needed. Each insurer has specific requirements that must be met prior to consultation and treatment. Reauthorizations may be required throughout treatment.
We know how frustrating it is at times like this to deal with insurance. We will assist you in any way possible to work through insurance situations.