The Saint Louis University Cancer Information Center is unique in ability and approach. We believe that all people should know as much as possible about preventing cancer, the disease itself and when necessary, how to deal with the diagnosis physically and emotionally, treatment and side effects of cancer.
Using a focused computer information system, printed materials, classroom settings, and one-on-one relationships, we are enormously successful in meeting the needs of the community, our patients, their families and local physicians.
The Saint Louis University Cancer Information Center is open to the public. Located on the first floor of SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital - West Pavilion, the Information Center is staffed by specialists who are trained in cancer education.
- Articles and other written materials
- Free wigs
- Anatomical models to help understand the physical aspects of the disease
- Classes on multiple topics taught by cancer professionals
- Smoking cessation program developed by the American Lung Association
- Support groups
- Computer searches
- Speakers bureau on all topics related to cancer for businesses, schools, community and religious groups, physicians practices, etc.
To speak with a cancer specialist, please call 314-268-7015. The Saint Louis University Cancer Information Center is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.