Comprehensive Child Abuse Care, Medical Consultation and Assessment of Complex Cases
SLUCare's child protection team provides expert assessment of victims and suspected victims of child maltreatment, including physical abuse, sexual abuse and neglect. Both inpatient and outpatient consultative services are provided at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital.
We provide crisis intervention to families and work with community agencies to facilitate optimal care and services for abused children. In addition, we offer education about child protection to the medical, legal, child protective services, and law enforcement communities.
SLUCare Child Protection Services
- Evaluation of suspected physical or sexual abuse and neglect
- Expert medical consultation and testimony
- Telephone consultation, triage and crisis intervention
- Counseling recommendations and referrals
- Education for health care, legal, child protection and law enforcement personnel
- Community outreach to groups, organizations and schools