Treating adults with asthma, COPD, emphysema, chronic cough and other airway disorders
Living life to the fullest may seem out of reach when you have a condition that makes breathing difficult. But specialists with the SLUCare Airway and Breathing Clinic offer the latest advances in testing and treatment to help you manage your condition and improve your quality of life.
Our doctors are faculty members with the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at Saint Louis University School of Medicine, where they engage in research studies on breathing disorders. This enables our team to offer patients access to the newest therapies for conditions such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
In addition, as part of an academic medical practice, our physicians work closely with specialists in other areas, such as allergy and immunology, respiratory therapy, speech therapy and physical therapy, to bring you the highest level of coordinated care.
Conditions we treat:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic cough
- Vocal cord dysfunction
- Exercise-induced laryngeal and airway disease
We offer a range of diagnostic tests, including:
- Bronchoprovocation testing (methacholine, mannitol and exercise)
- Exhaled nitric oxide measurement
- Pulmonary function testing
- Oxygen titration study
- Allergy testing
- 6-minute walk test
- Chest imaging, including low-dose CT scan for lung cancer
- Diagnostic bronchoscopy
- Laryngoscopy and exercise laryngoscopy
- Polysomnograms (at SLUCare Sleep Disorders Center)
In addition, we offer therapies tailored to your unique needs, including:
- Inhaler technique teaching
- Chronic inhaler therapies
- Asthma biologic therapies
- Bronchial thermoplasty (through interventional pulmonology)
- Endobronchial valve placement (through interventional pulmonology)
- Home non-invasive ventilation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation and breathing exercises
- Smoking cessation counseling and management
- Advanced therapies for airway diseases offered through participating clinical trials
By providing state-of-the-art testing and therapies, education and disease management, plus access to clinical trials, the SLUCare Airway and Breathing Clinic helps you breathe easier, so you can live the life you desire.